Re: A Brief Study on Circuit Construction Speed and Reliability

Once the next phase is complete, I'll import all the data onto graphs so we can see where problems are occuring. Is there a centralized database of what tor nodes correspond to what countries? It would be interesting to see what countries are the fastest, or where weird errors are concentrated. There's a chance that some governments may be subtly making tor hard to use or that some network routers have problems with certain sequences of connections or something.
Ringo

On 12/17/06, Mike Perry <mikepery@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Thus spake Ringo Kamens (2600denver@xxxxxxxxx):

> Thanks for that. It's interesting to have that data visualized.

Yeah, it's not quite as immediately relevant as exit scanning, but it
is a little more interesting with respect to studying the network as a
whole I think. What I'm really looking forward to is gathering some
statistics on most common peers during failure. I'm curious if those
OR_CONN_CLOSED are happening because certain nodes are
unreachable or partitioned from one another somehow, or if it is
something else. But I need better structure & object support for that
than perl can provide sanely, unfortunately.

I've gone back to scanning exits in the meantime. If anyone wants to
join me with a different wordlist.txt, set of filetypes and other ssh
hosts, it might be nice.

--
Mike Perry
Mad Computer Scientist