Re: heise online: Klarstellung

anon ymous schrieb:

>> Server Traffic: 2.000 KB/s im Durchschnitt
>> Logdaten für eine Woche: 200 GByte
>> Logdaten nach Entfernung nicht benötigter Inhalte: 120 GByte
>> Logdaten komprimiert und verschlüsselt: 20 GByte
>> Logdaten für 26 Wochen: 500 GByte im Durchschnitt
>>
> I have some questions regarding your numbers.
>
> What exactly did you save? (2x4byte ip + timestamp?)
> How detailed was your timestamp? (minute?second?milli?micro-second?)
> Did you log every circuit build with start+end -time or every packet?

Hi,

because tor doesnt have a data retention log format, I run may my test
in this way:

1. Get all opened circuits by changing the loglevel in torrc

2. for every circuits I take the timestamp
(year-month-day-hour-minute-second) and replace [scrubbed] by two
random generated IP-addresses for source and destination (example:
123.56.190.12)

All data were sored in ASCII, human readable. So I got 120 GByte for
one week. I hope, it may be reduced by an optimized log format. It is
possible, to use the year and month in the filename.... But may be, we
have to log more informations.

But first I hope, we do not have to log!!!

Karsten N.