Re: Good and bad ISP in Germany and around ?

On 12/01/2009 10:42 AM, Hanspeter Spalinger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a Tor Exit Node at Hetzner.
>
> The statement in the tor-wiki seems valid.
>
> I limited my Tor traffic to 100k since i use that server for other stuff
> too. I never hit the 2TB-limit, so i can't tell what would happen. I
> assume no problem if one pays $$, according to this
> http://wiki.hetzner.de/index.php/Wie_kann_ich_eine_Bandbreitendrosselung_aufgrund_einer_Trafficlimit-%C3%9Cberschreitung_aufheben_lassen%3F
>
> I get tons of complaints from copyright-owners about Bittorrent (they send
> to hetzner, hetzner forwards to me), but even when i stopped answer those,
> hetzner did nothing.
>
> Hetzner will give my contact data to authorities if asked, at least the
> police said so in the last email. I dont consider this bad.
>
> Greetings
> HP
>
> heidenheim@xxxxxxxx schrieb:
>
>> Hallo,
>> the entries about "good and bad" ISP's are rather old/outdated:
>> https://wiki.torproject.org/noreply/TheOnionRouter/GoodBadISPs
>>
>> I would appreciate any comments/suggests from (german) TOR-Operators
>>
> concerning their ISP (concerns, blockings, or just "good" customer
> relationships).
>
>>  Anybody with Hetzner, server4you,keyweb, ipx-server ?
>>
>> Greetings,
>> Niklas

I used to have an exit node with server4you, when I asked them what
their views were they said it is illegal in Germany, other people seem
to be running exit nodes with them too, but their VPSs have a low tcp
socket allowance. I've since switched to vps4less, their VPS package is
cheaper and has a better allowance on resources, also unmetered traffic.

greetz,
jebusthesaviour