Re: [tor-talk] Did we decide about bad exits ? Where does bittorrent fall ?

Hi,

Andrew Lewman wrote (15 Dec 2011 17:53:59 GMT) :
> There are completely legitimate uses of bittorrent over Tor.
> I've talked to people who want to get their ISO of Fedora or Ubuntu
> from outside their country, so they bt over tor to do so.

We've been refusing to include a BitTorrent client in Tails since the
beginning due to some kind of common sense that was telling us it
would harm the Tor network.

Recently, we've been asked again -supposedly by a prominent member of
the Tor community- to include Transmission; the request was sent with
an offer to audit this piece of software for safeness in Tails usecase.

This, added to reading this thread, makes me doubtful.

What do you think? Shall we include a (carefully audited) BitTorrent
client in Tails?

Regards,
--
  intrigeri <intrigeri@xxxxxxxx>