Re: [tor-talk] Vidalia Bundle (Tor, Polipo & Vidalia)

On Thu, 6 Dec 2012 08:39:05 -0500
"David H. Lipman" <DLipman@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> From: <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> > We stopped distributing polipo a while ago, see
> > https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/6039 for the
> > progress in getting the references off the page.
> >

> Not happy about that.
>
> I guess I will NOT update the software and Tor Browser bundle is NOT
> what is wanted at all.
>
> For example I uses the combo of Tor, Polipo and Vidalia with Malzilla.

Nothing stops you pointing your browser at your own copy of Polipo[1]
and pointing that at Tor's SOCKS port. Or skipping Polipo (as it's no
longer a technical necessity) and pointing your browser directly at
Tor. Having said that, the Tor Browser *is* Mozilla, with a handful of
patches and a couple of preinstalled addons. If you're experienced
enough to understand the implications of not using the default setup,
then you're experienced enough to take what's in the bundle and
configure it some other way. And if you really can't spare the 35M that
the superfluous browser takes up, then delete it!

Julian

[1] http://www.pps.univ-paris-diderot.fr/~jch/software/polipo/

--
3072D/F3A66B3A Julian Yon (2012 General Use) <pgp.2012@xxxxxx>