Re: [tor-talk] Status reports archive, blog and git?

On Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 06:55:54AM -0500, grarpamp@xxxxxxxxx wrote 0.6K bytes in 0 lines about:
: Are the actor's status reports we see on the list archived in a
: central (non list) spot?

: I'm also wondering if the blog posts (sans comments) might somehow be
: git-ified in the original. The reports and blog are very similar things and it
: would be an interesting archival, read, search and distribution interface.

There's a larger plan forming to scrap the current blog and convert it
to something like jekyll/hakyll with the content served from git. We'd
like to do this for the entire website, too. The step holding up the
blog migration is the ability to accept comments. Some of our bloggers
really enjoy the comments. We don't really want to sign up with some
Internet-wide commenting system like disqus or intensedebase due to
privacy concerns over data collection. Until we have a some sort of a
forum, we're holding off on the blog migration.

Plan B could be to simply create an RSS to git repo script for the blog
content and serve it up for posterity via git.

--
Andrew
http://tpo.is/contact