Re: [tor-talk] Shutting down the relay-search service by the end of the year

On Mon, Dec 09, 2013 at 10:27:21AM +0100, Karsten Loesing wrote:
> 2) Whenever Onionoo or Atlas/Globe are missing information that you need
> to debug the network, you tell us about it, and we try to extend the
> Onionoo protocol and the Atlas/Globe user interfaces.  We'll have to be
> careful what to add to Onionoo in order not to run into new performance
> problems, though.  And we shut down relay-search by the end of the year.

I have found another wrinkle here: Atlas and Globe both require
Javascript, which some quite reasonable people choose to disable.
https://www.torproject.org/docs/faq#TBBJavaScriptEnabled
https://blog.torproject.org/blog/tor-browser-bundle-35-released#comment-42114

I guess one answer is to hope that some nice person wants to write an
Atlas / Globe version (or derivative) that doesn't rely on Javascript
so much. (Anybody want to do that? :)

Another answer is to downplay Atlas and Globe too, for other reasons
than the one you raised above. That's sort of a crummy answer.

Did I miss any?

--Roger