Re: [tor-talk] Request for "Tor, king of anonymity" graphic

On 26/12/2013 11:15 PM, Lee wrote:
On 12/26/13, nano <nanotek@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 26/12/2013 8:51 PM, Lee wrote:
On 12/25/13, nano <nanotek@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 26/12/2013 7:46 AM, Mirimir wrote:
On 12/25/2013 02:59 AM, nano wrote:
On 25/12/2013 8:11 PM, Lunar wrote:
nanotek:
I really didn't get the "rape" vibe from the graphic at all.

Could you describe what is in the graphic?

Could you try to summarize its intended meaning?

Sure. I shared my favoured interpretation earlier.

Beyond that, I see Jefferson fucking Obama from behind (i.e. bucking
of
ignominious attempts to erode our hard-earned constitutional
convention). It is very well done too. Picture perfect!

Isn't it the NSA that's been doing most of the backdoor fucking?

Indeed. The irony only adds to its appeal.

Tor is rather more like a chastity belt than a crown ;)

Tor empowers citizens to royally fuck Orwellian tactical planning, such
as that which is implemented by the NSA.

You should take another look at the docs - eg:
https://svn.torproject.org/svn/torvm/trunk/doc/design.html

     Indefensible Attacks
        Tor Attacks
          Attacks which Tor cannot defend against, like a global passive
adversary or traffic confirmation attacks, are obviously outside the
scope of even the most robust Tor implementation.

Regards,
Lee

There is no need. It has been read many times.

Not sure how your suggestion diminishes Tor's utility in circumventing
Orwellian policies.

I'm just pointing out that the NSA is a global passive adversary.  My
guess is that Tor's ability to royally fuck Orwellian tactical
planning by the NSA is minimal, but it's possible we have different
definitions of "royally fuck" :)

Lee

No doubt :)

My statement was in reference to the original topic of the graphic and its (perceived) intended meaning.

--
syn.bsdbox.co