Re: [tor-talk] facebookcorewwwi on brief hiatus

On Fri, Dec 13, 2019 at 11:29:34AM +0000, Alec Muffett wrote:
> tldr: new TLS certificate is stuck in the pipeline for a few days, because
> onion certificates are special and weird:

Onion certificates are an oxymoron. The onion address
is self-validating. It is a bug that web browsers apply
the logic of X.509 to Tor addresses - they shouldn't
check certificates at all, or at best pin down the
public key contained in the certificate.

But there's a bigger problem: Facebook has started
hosting and linking images and media on a clearnet
site. The effect is that new avenues for locating
Facebook users are introduced.

--
  E-mail is public! Talk to me in private using encryption:
   //  http://loupsycedyglgamf.onion/LynX/