a NAT problem

Thanks to everyone who has responded to my other thread. Your responses have given me a lot to think about.

I have another question however. In the documentation, it says that you can not run as a server if you are behind a NAT. But, when looking at the config file, this does not seem to be correct. It seems as though you can run a server behind a NAT as long as you have a static IP and all the ports forwarded to all the right places. As long as my "address" line is set to my static IP, other clients will know where to contact my server. Is this correct? If so, then perhaps the documentation should be updated to reflect this.

If, however, I am incorrect, are there any work arounds?

Thanks again.

Sincerely
Aaron Cannon

--