Circuits still shared?

Are multiple TCP connections still multiplexed across a single Tor
circuit? It would seem to me that this should be a serious compromise
to anonymity. Frequently I am browsing sites that know who I am (or
using AIM, etc) concurrent to accessing those that I'd prefer not to
know me.

From reading the FAQ entry
http://wiki.noreply.org/noreply/TheOnionRouter/TorFAQ#RemainingAttacks

it sounds like I am at risk for an exit server correlating the two
traffic streams.

Are there any plans to disable this circuit sharing mechanism via a
config option? Has it already been disabled & the FAQ is just old and
just in need of update?

--
Mike Perry
Mad Computer Scientist