Re: No DirPort in router.desc

2006/2/21, Mike Zanker <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>:
> On 21/2/06 17:39, Mike Zanker wrote:
>
> > Just restarted tor and noticed that router.desc now starts with
> >
> > router flutic 195.62.29.176 9001 0 0
>
> Hmm, it's now advertising DirPort again so all seems well. I wonder if
> this is something to do with the new bandwidthrate/burst handling in
> 0.1.0.17?
>
> Mike.
>

> This message has been scanned for viruses by MailController - www.MailController.altohiway.com

Im quite new to Tor but i think its normal reaction of the program
that your dir port wasnt included in first announce (descriptor
publication) couse the program was uncertain if the port was open or
not (better ommit a possibly closed port than publish erronous data)
btw you can force the announce without previous check (development
version only)