0.1.0.17 questions

I'm new to tor and set up a Fedora Core box as a server on 0.1.0.16.
At that time, tor showed as a service when I ran serviceconf, but after
installing 0.1.0.17 last night, it does not appear. Is this expected?

I also saw a warning in my log file that I haven't seen before:
Feb 21 02:16:14.851 [warn] resolve_my_address(): Could not resolve local Address whitestone.homelinux.net. Failing.
But when I check http://serifos.eecs.harvard.edu/cgi-bin/exit.pl,
the correct IP address appears for my server.
Do I need to be concerned?

Richard.