Re: Some Bones to Pick with Tor Admins

On Tue, 10 Feb 2009 18:24:27 -0500
Ted Smith <teddks@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> To be fair, though, 1, 3, and 4 could be configured away in default
> FireFox. Updates can be disabled, flash can be removed, files can be
> set to "ask", referrals can be disabled, and UA can be modified in
> firefox or in Privoxy.

Thanks all, I've configures out all the things mentioned (as Ted
suspected), I just didn't want to list them ad-nauseum in my first
post. And "no plug-ins" = NO flash, nothing opens without asking. in
fact nothing opens everything that might open has been defaulted to
saving the files to be viewed later/offline.

I just wanted to check that TorButton wasn't doing some work to cover
bugs/faults in FF that would not be covered by a totally locked
down/stripped down FF with it own profile the gets cleared when the
session end. I not on the Tor button page some references to History
probing Not sure if this is possible with Javascript turnd off or not
I'll need to dig more.

Thanks for the Feedback,
Freemor

--