Re: Switching Tor relay speed

    No one gets cut off when the rate is reduced.  In fact, if you've ever
tried reducing the rate with the BandwidthRate statement in torrc, you may
have noticed that the actual data rate takes a while to slow down to the newly
imposed limit.

I tried that today on my laptop relay with vidalia. Speed change is applied in few seconds.

But again, when I slow down speed from 50 to 20 kB/s, it isn't so problematic like 3000 and 100 kB/s, as we spoke before.

Marek