Re: launch external application warning

Hi Andrew,

Thanks very much.  About the launch external application warning:
there does seem to be a consistent pattern - it happens with some
sites always, and with other sites never.  So it seems that each site
decides how to handle the file downloads.  I'm sure you can tell I'm a
"newbee" (I think that's the word in English?) who doesn't understand
the technical details, but from common sense, I don't see how it is
that, even if the site launches an external application to do the file
download, that this application launch would "unmask" you, since where
could that application send the traffic except to the Tor exit node,
and what information would it know besides what is provided by the Tor
exit node?  This is a completely different problem than the one in
which you accidentally launch a different browser; in the case of
downloading files with the launch external application warning, you're
still using the same Tor-enabled Firefox browser.  Thanks again.

Luis