Re: [tor-talk] Two questions about tor status

Am Sun, 20 Feb 2011 21:52:26 +0000
schrieb Matthew <pumpkin@xxxxxxxxx>:

>   I have two questions relating to the Tor status for example at
> blutmagie.
>
> Why are some node names in bold?  Sometimes the number of days up is
> in bold too, sometimes just the node name.
>
> Why are the OR ports different?  They include 80, 443, 9001, 9002,
> 9091, etc.  Does the difference mean anything?

Bold node names have "named" flag set, look here [1].

Different OR ports are a decision of each Tor node operator. If an
operator can offer port 443 (which is normally for HTTPS/SSL), it helps
a special group of users, who only are able to access port 80/443,
because of firewall/proxy limitations...

[1] http://tinyurl.com/4hrbgj6

--
BlueStar88

0x36150C86 (PGP)