Re: [tor-talk] Accessing hidden service from same instance

>> For similar HS tests I ran the HS's separately so that, other than the
>> local ISP, it would best reflect the actual Tor network.
>>
>> In addition to the EG, I wonder as to possible reuse of the paths to the
>> DB's,
>> IP's, and RP? It wasn't something I looked at, but could also affect
>> performance.

... affect performance... in unnatural ways.

> You have a point here.  My plan for these measurements was to disable
> guards which I do for all measurements.

With UseEntryGuards 0, yes that sounds good to randomly sample
them all that way.

> But using a single Tor process for
> both client and service means that it will sooner run out of pre-built
> circuits.

Is it not possible that users will cause this normally with their own
use cases. If so I wouldn't see it as unnatural, unless trying to
capture clean state data.

> By the way, if you're interested in the current state of the rewrite, see
> the perfd branch in https://gitweb.torproject.org/karsten/torperf.git .
>  Still far from being complete, but on the right path, I hope.  Contributions
> would be cool!

Ok, this is an interest area coming in the next months, thx.