Re: [tor-talk] Email provider for privacy-minded folk

On 2/12/2013 8:41 AM, Ted Smith wrote:
I use riseup.net -- I trust their promise not to store any logs, I know they'll never block Tor, and they don't have any ads in their web interface. That said, if you're financially stable in a first-world country, you should probably throw some bitcoins their way to cover the cost of your email account (they recommend you donate three hour's worth of pay per year IIRC, which is pretty trivial for most people).

How difficult is it to get an acct w/ risup if you "apply," rather than have 2 recommendations from members? I don't know any riseup members & forgot how you get the recommendations from members, to riseup. I don't have a problem w/ their political & social stance - it's a free country. I'm not sure what they look for in the "application" to approve or reject an acct.

How well do they handle support issues? Only by email? Typical response time for serious issues?

Due to their low storage limit, I guess you just immediately delete msgs when d/l w/ a client? Attachment size limit is very small.