[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
Tor and Thunderbird: Outgoing Email Unsafe?
- To: or-talk@xxxxxxxx
- Subject: Tor and Thunderbird: Outgoing Email Unsafe?
- From: Job <Job2@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2007 14:45:18 +0100
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivery-date: Tue, 02 Jan 2007 08:45:27 -0500
- Reply-to: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: Thunderbird 22.214.171.124 (Windows/20061207)
I just got Tor to be safer online and used the Tor-button to
automatically confugure Firefox and Thunderbird for Tor.
In Thunderbird however I have to exclude the server I use to SEND emails
from being handled by Tor.
Maybe I am wrong but doesnt this defeat the whole purpose of Tor? Cause
if my outgoing email is not handled by Tor the receives can still see my
IP and all the other data and so can easely identify me.
The most essential thing is to have the outgoing emails handeled by Tor
so the receiver can see my private information right?
How do I set thunderbird in such a waythat the receiver of my emails
wont be able to trace me or see my private info(IP etc etc)?