[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
Re: Tor and Thunderbird: Outgoing Email Unsafe?
- To: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: Tor and Thunderbird: Outgoing Email Unsafe?
- From: "Nils Vogels" <bacardicoke@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2007 22:52:18 +0100
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivery-date: Tue, 02 Jan 2007 16:52:31 -0500
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=beta; d=gmail.com; h=received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; b=tjnHBPBYuvfUbn9wM9fSSCifgBK9UpBUgctOXozIuyMT1GpPMAXnnRyhlR0ySvdWkf25/KqZ1OP4wlgT3WYERu+3Wu7KEnN8eswA73edI1nuC/HE0muOOPwUkfosBppX8Qmew933dICQLSLI8PYJj11gqcO9stjUppx27IIpl84=
- In-reply-to: <459A61EE.email@example.com>
- References: <459A61EE.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 1/2/07, Job <Job2@xxxxxxx> wrote:
I just got Tor to be safer online and used the Tor-button to
automatically confugure Firefox and Thunderbird for Tor.
In Thunderbird however I have to exclude the server I use to SEND emails
from being handled by Tor.
To overcome just this problem, I'm thinking about setting up an e-mail
service from WITHIN Tor as a set of hidden services. Basically, it
would be a webmail/pop3/imap/smtp service, that only accepts new
account requests from within tor and has a limit on the amount of
e-mails that could be sent per account per interval.
Does anyone know if this already exists, and if not, would it be a
welcome addition Tor?
Simple guidelines to happiness:
Work like you don't need the money,
Love like your heart has never been broken and
Dance like no one can see you.