Re: more letters from the feds

Robert Hogan wrote:
* From a common-sense, peace-of-mind point of view, is running an exit-node strictly for co-located servers? Does anyone here run one at home? If so, have you had second thoughts?

I run one at home, but it's on a dedicated IP, within a virtual machine. I wouldn't want to run one off any IP I actually personally used (I like being able to use Slashdot and Wikipedia, and I have IRC channels that have some security based on my IP :P) but I don't mind having it segmented off onto a separate IP.

Plus, this way when they say "hey tor.pavlovian.net was downloading child porn" I say "I have never once used that IP for anything of my own". Honestly, I don't think getting that letter about a colo server would be any better than getting one at home, so hey. :)

-Ben