Re: irssi+tsocks: can't connect to ssl-secured irc-server

Herfel,

I can partly confirm it. On my first try the exact same happened to me.
Second and third test didn't work due to a connection refused.
Fourth attempt worked:

/whois alex
18:54 -!-  ircname  : Alexander W. Janssen
18:54 -!-           : is connecting from *@cv-dv.net 81.169.183.148
81.169.183.148 -> GatewayToHeaven

5th attempt: Connection refused.
6th - 10th: Connection worked.

I tried to run strace on the irssi-process but that didn't work
(Unable to connect server irc.mozilla.org port 6697 [Broken pipe]) - I
guess this is a sideeffect of tsocks preloading other libraries. No
idea how to truss/strace it.

Interestingly the problem you're describing only happens every now and
then on my machine:
$ uname -a
Linux castor 2.6.16-2-686-smp #1 SMP Mon Aug 21 12:29:28 CEST 2006
i686 GNU/Linux
$ cat /etc/debian_version
3.1
$ irssi --version
irssi 0.8.10 (20051211 0941)

Sorry, I don't think I can help any further. Maybe you're lucky and
this is only a temporary error occuring every now and then. Otherwise
contacting the irssi-maintainers could be a start.

Cheers, Alex.

--
"I am tired of all this sort of thing called science here... We have spent
millions in that sort of thing for the last few years, and it is time it