Re: Privoxy setting blocking Yahoo mail logout

Below is a sample logout URL, where I replaced alphanumeric characters in alpahumeric only character sequences with "A" and numeric characters in numeric only character sequences with "N". For some clarity, I present two versions of sampled URLs, one having the char sequences contracted to "Ax" and "Ny" forms, where x and y are the number of times a (not certain) alphanumeric character and numeric character respectively occur.

http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=AAAAAAAAA/M=NNNNNN.NNNNNNN.NNNNNNN.NNNNNNN/D=mail/S=NNNNNNNNN:HEADR/Y=YAHOO/EXP=NNNNNNNNNN/A=NNNNNNN/R=N/SIG=AAAAAAAAA/*http://login.yahoo.com/config/login?logout=1&.done=http://mail.yahoo.com&.src="">

http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=A9/M=N6.N7.N7.N7/D=mail/S=N9:HEADR/Y=YAHOO/EXP=N10/A=N7/R=N/SIG=A9/*http://login.yahoo.com/config/login?logout=1&.done=http://mail.yahoo.com&.src="">

The first url string might break the page layout, sorry if it does.

However, the browser should reach the following url:

http://login.yahoo.com/config/login?logout=1&.done=http://mail.yahoo.com&.src="">

if nothing interferes, but with the mentioned rule enabled it reaches:

http://mail.yahoo.com&.src="">

which is actually the last valid url, just what +fast-redirects is designed to get. Of course, privoxy's response is triggered by the ard.yahoo.com part int the logout url.

Indeed, maybe I should've posted at the Privoxy project lists but I thought it concerns all the users of the bundle alike (maybe this setting for other Privoxy uses is useful, but in the particular case of Yahoo mail users it doesn't).

Bored stiff? Loosen up...