Re: Restrict relay to internet2

Couldn't you just make your node a middleman and ban tor from connecting to your Internet One Connection?
Comrade Ringo Kamens

On Jan 9, 2008 12:40 PM, Nathaniel Fairfield < than@xxxxxxx> wrote:
F. Fox wrote:
> Another thing: How would the PKI work over Internet2? AFAIK, Tor needs
> to be able to talk to an authoritative directory server; also, the
> directory it gets would be full of Internet1 (as I'll refer to the
> "normal" Internet here) nodes.
>
> Clearly, an entirely new PKI would have to be set up, via forcing
> options in copies of Tor (including, among other things, forcing a few
> copies into authoritative directory mode). It would be an interesting
> project, but it would take quite a bit of work.

I wasn't thinking of setting up an entirely separate Tor network on
Internet2.  As I mentioned, I2 is transparent for my machine:  when I
connect to another machine (google, whatever), it will use I2 if
possible and fall back to standard internet otherwise.

So I was hoping to exploit the fact that several of the main Tor nodes
(at MIT, Harvard, etc) are on I2, and I could relay a *lot* of traffic
between such nodes.  The problem is that I need to explicitly restrict
my relay to those nodes because my standard internet access is bandwidth
limited.

Nathaniel