[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
Re: tor-browser bundle on XP
- To: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: tor-browser bundle on XP
- From: Arrakis <arrakistor@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2009 14:17:38 -0600
- Delivered-to: archiver@xxxxxxxx
- Delivered-to: or-talk-outgoing@xxxxxxxx
- Delivered-to: or-talk@xxxxxxxx
- Delivery-date: Sat, 17 Jan 2009 15:25:35 -0500
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from :user-agent:mime-version:to:subject:references:in-reply-to :x-enigmail-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding; bh=Ir96FyU+cbg0uVFWuyCFmJ06nfe+1FYL/aP2/f3j2C4=; b=HQ0U3EIB3HvFceU0WCaWha+ellQERnocwdkctWPXTpt9+VgB8Ta0WnUy7xipr5asZP 1AiTGBpZjrOVXOj/ZxFb62O+AUoEq7Bi40y09sAqbEgSZiMR9UsYTI0isW/z+1P7Uu9F zQmXIKFi94jqjlFOOGvMHcbQYtIEmYVzjjeYs=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:user-agent:mime-version:to:subject:references :in-reply-to:x-enigmail-version:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; b=HhgGCf0KSqcz78ira7heClXcpIOoeaheBS5v13M+Q26cfzDDbbAePFCLfGY8s0zZEF uX/xIR/oTyKpcs7eBBDArjoBlI/JD1vodsCw/BbY5EYFFdweuaL+X6jD6mEXGyaU/b3t rghBBPB09mfEX9RdX275U8ObuBaXAbxIQx0GA=
- In-reply-to: <20090117165509.GB9851@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- References: <20090116.225917.6880.0@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <20090117165509.GB9851@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Reply-to: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: Thunderbird 220.127.116.11 (Windows/20081209)
Phobos et al,
xB Browser installs giving a user a choice of two modes.
The first is Tor, the second is the XeroBank network. xB
Browser is included in the XeroBank Installer bundle which
includes xB VPN and xB Mail as well.
xB Browser, if Tor is installed, will just run Tor for it's
Otherwise, the installer will ask you for credentials and
lookup your account data to see if it should connect you via
SSH to XeroBank, or launch an OpenVPN connection to XeroBank,
or sense you already have an OpenVPN connection and become
submissive to direct connection, which gets routed out through
So xB Browser can connect to Tor, any SSH proxy, or any OpenVPN
proxy, and acts as the privacy browser for the anonymous
connection you ask it to make.
Further disambiguation: Xero Networks, the parent company of
XeroBank, runs both the XeroBank network, and the Onyx network.
The two are separate, the former being a 2-hop juridictionally
split, crowded and multiplexed broadband anonymity network, the
latter being a much more "hardcore" network featuring 3+ hop
multi-jursidictional, decentralized, distributed, multiplexed,
cascade split, crowded, lag obfuscated, 1 Gbps burst broadband
anonymity network. XeroBank network access is offered to
consumer clients, Onyx network access is offered to business
and government clients.