Re: How to use Google Gadgets with Tor? - Is this possible?

Thus spake Matthew (pumpkin@xxxxxxxxx):

> Mike - thanks for your advice.
>
> This is not an issue for me.  I do not get a captcha.
>
> >You could also install an addon to observe the requests your browser
> >uses in both non-Tor and Tor accesses of this gadget to see if the
> >requests appear different for some reason. That may help diagnose the
> >cause:
> >https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/live-http-headers/
> I installed this add-on.
>
> I wiped my cache and cookies and used the headers and generator tabs with
> just Polipo and Tor running (no TorButton, NoScript, etc).
>
> Then I logged into Gmail and waited until everything fully loaded then
> clicked the Twitter icon and waited until Twitter fully loaded (although as
> mentioned one does not see the Twitter screen when using Tor).

> Any ideas?  Thanks!

Let's try some science. We need a control, so lets create a blank
Firefox profile. This requires running firefox with a command of
'firefox -P'. This will bring up the profile window and then you can
create a blank profile and try to set your proxy to use Tor and try it
again, and then try non-Tor. Then we can see if you get the same exact
results, or if your old profile got damaged by one of your addons (it
can happen).

If the issue does *not* happen with a fresh profile, try adding your
addons back one at a time until it does. Then maybe we can get
somewhere.

http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Managing%20profiles
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_Manager

--