Re: [tor-talk] On the Theory of Remailers

On 8 January 2013 01:18, Moritz Bartl <moritz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 08.01.2013 05:29, grarpamp wrote:
>>> It is an interesting questions, if with a modern user interface, can they
>>> get to new life?
>> I see no reason the state of the art from the legacy remailer types
>> can't be combined and updated into a new service running on some
>> of the same relay machines we have for Tor today.
>
> In the end, both low and high latency anonymity should be handled by the
> same network.

I believe this is the concept behind Alpha Mixing [0].  When I talked
to Roger once, many moons ago, I recall he expressed the desire that
one day, in an ideal world, Alpha Mixing would indeed be the main
mixing of the network, to allow for transit of other types of things,
like email.

-tom

[0] http://www.freehaven.net/doc/alpha-mixing/alpha-mixing.pdf