Re: [tor-talk] Thunderbird leak

Joe Btfsplk:

> On 1/26/2014 7:14 PM, Al Jigong Billings wrote:
>> Like I said, Thunderbird doesn't allow for pages to open in tabs
>> without an
>> extension. So., if you have reliable repro steps,  it is a bug that
>> should
>> be fixed and I can push on it to get it addressed.
> Unless I can get one of the "specially crafted" emails to do tests,
> doubt I'll be able to reproduce it.
For me it was enough to do this on a Thunderbird "Unix Mailspool
(Movemail)" account (Settings/Account Actions/Add Other Account...):

$ cat | sendmail -t
From: $YOUR_USER
To: $YOUR_USER
Subject: Test

    <svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg";
xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink"; version="1.1">
      <a xlink:href="https://www.mozilla.org/"; xlink:show="new">
        <text x="0" y="12" font-family="Verdana" font-size="12"
fill="black">Click me</text>
      </a>
    </svg>

[CTRL]+[D]

Though I don't know whether it makes a difference to use unix mailspool
instead of a normal IMAPS/POPS:

When I opened that email and set View/Message Body As/Original HTML,
Torbirdy did not prevent the tab to load nor refuse to display the HTML.
(Maybe this is intended, because Torbirdy only focuses on normal email
accounts(?))