[tor-talk] [rt.torproject.org #38223] Firefox Web Shortcuts

Michael,

Though I just see a padlock icon to the left of the URL, I can drag a shortcut to my desktop.
[Tor Browser 4.0.2 Mac] Same with bookmarked sites.

Awesome,
SpencerOne

Greetings Tor Talk,

I am a tor user with a question. I was encouraged by the Tor Project support team to send my
question out to you all.

I've come across a strange issue that the Firefox team has been unable
to solve thus far. I've already checked your FAQ and I didn't see
the answer in there. I'd like to be able to save web links to my
desktop as shortcuts. In Firefox, this ordinarily works by grabbing
the icon next to the URL and dragging it to the desktop. However,
I've discovered that the TorButton (and it alone) extension, when
enabled, will not allow shortcuts. Every time I drag the URL icon
from the awesome bar, nothing happens, and a little "can't do it"
symbol appears on the mouse icon.

Can you tell me why Tor Button prevents saving shortcuts, and what the
work-around is for this feature? If it's just a design feature, I'd
recommend removing it on the next update, as I don't see the
security risks, and it'd be nice to be able to save weblinks as
desktop shortcuts. Thanks for your feedback!

Sincerely,
Michael