Re: [tor-talk] Bandwidth / RAM: When does it make sense to operate a tor relay (non-exit)

Hey Jan,

I have been running a tor relay on a Banana Pi for 24/7 1.5 years and
never had any issues so far. I am running it on a headless Bananian OS
(like Raspbian but for the Banana Pi) with armitage. Tor never needs
more than 15-20 percent of its cpu power so you can still run a couple
of other processes in addition.
Whether your connection is suitable or not probably depends on how much
of it you are going to dedicate to Tor. Personally I have 100 Mbit down
(8 Mbit up), my server uses about 150 KB on average with 500 KB set as
max. I still some other computers connected to the network and I can
even play multiplayer games without any ping/connection issues.

The Banana Pi is imo a suitable alternative to a Raspberry Pi and
doesn't cost much much more either, from what I know.

Good luck on building your relay!