Re: [tor-talk] Multicast Onion Services for video-streaming?

It seems similar to what Peersm project (http://www.peersm.com) intends
to do via node-Tor (https://github.com/Ayms/node-Tor)

In its current form browsers are connected to Tor nodes, as well as
Peersm clients (https://github.com/Ayms/node-Tor/tree/master/install)
who are bridging to the bittorrent network.

Despite of the several encryption/hash computation for each Tor packet
we get a rate of 2 Mbps which is normally enough to stream (but we limit
this rate to 1 Mbps currently), the limitation comes more from the
transcoding of the files to adapt them so they can be played by browsers
(https://github.com/Ayms/torrent-live#transcoding-and-file-conversion).

Currently you get data anonymously from one peer, not several ones, it's
obvious that the Tor network is too small to implement a P2P network on
top of it.

So the final phase
(https://github.com/Ayms/node-Tor#anonymous-serverless-p2p-inside-browsers---peersm-specs)
is designed to be a P2P network with browsers as peers communicating via
WebRTC using the Tor protocol but not the Tor network.

Another (complementary or different) idea could be that browsers are
connected to Tor nodes using Websockets (like Peersm phase 1) and
implement a complete Tor relay (not only the Onion proxy function as
Peersm is doing), then relaying data with other browsers and exiting
whether in the clear (like uProxy) or to the Tor network via Websockets
again.

One of the issues of this model is the limitation induced by the upload
bandwidth of the peers, so a traditional Tor connection should use
different circuits and peers to exchange data, and not only one circuit,
which implies some modifications of the Tor protocol.

--
Get the torrent dynamic blocklist: http://peersm.com/getblocklist
Check the 10 M passwords list: http://peersm.com/findmyass