Re: [tor-talk] Tor users from Finland jumped from 25 000 to 200 000

Hi,

Yikes, I wonder if this is my fault.

I've been experiencing weird behavior with Tor + Stem + Flask Onion Services dying randomly once every 1..5 days. I wrote a script that's making connections to a test an Onion Service to see when exactly the servers disappear -- and creating logs based on that. The system spins up new requests client instance for each connection, so those might be what's appearing on the graph. I'm just puzzled why they'd appear as different users, given that the public IP has remained static. (Also the script automatically spins up new Onion Service once it's been down for an hour, so that could explain the spikes.)

Again I'm not sure that's what this is about, but both the start time, and the most recent major downtime spikes match. I've killed testing, let's see if it returns to normal; I think there's enough data to open a ticket about my issue anyway.

So again, apologies if this is my fault.

Markus