Re: spawn_enough_dnsworkers

On Fri, Jul 01, 2005 at 07:39:36PM +0200, tildeOne tor router wrote:
> > | The real problem is that your Tor process is crashing unexpectedly and
> > | without any log entries to indicate what's going on.
> > |
> It happened again (this time with version 0.1.0.11):

Great. I just added a FAQ entry to try to start answering these:

http://wiki.noreply.org/noreply/TheOnionRouter/TorFAQ#ServerCrashing

> After this no traffic at all, the tor.pid was still there but no process
> running and therefor none killed when restarting.
> Now I don't think it's just a coincidence.

By "after this", do you have a sense of how long after that log entry
the Tor process died? I still claim it's a coincidence. :)

The next step is probably to try to get a core file. Also, you should
check the output of "dmesg" to make sure your out-of-memory-killer isn't
in action.

Thanks,
--Roger