running tor on a vserver

Hi,

two days ago I set up a Tor-proxy on my vserver - and first it seemed
all running ok.

But after some hours there appeared a lot of warnings in my log-file
complaining about some buffer-problems:
Jul 08 13:36:55.420 [warn] Error creating network socket: No buffer space available
Jul 08 13:36:55.420 [warn] Error creating network socket: No buffer space available
Jul 08 13:36:55.421 [warn] Error creating network socket: No buffer space available

This messages come up again and again, several times per minute. Since
this error affects all other applications on this server, which want to
connect to the network, I had to shut down my tor-server for now.

I tried to limit my BandWidthRate, with no effects. I tried to edit
/proc/user_beancounters, as described in the wiki
<http://wiki.noreply.org/noreply/TheOnionRouter/TorFAQ#VServer>
But I'm not allowed to write to this file.

Is there anything, I can do about it? I got this vserver mostly, because
I wanted to run tor... and no I have to see it's not working! :-|

If it helps: I was running tor version 0.1.2.14 on debian etch.

Thanks for any help!

Regards,
sigi