Re: No Tor server exists that allows exit to 127.0.0.1:80. Rejecting.

On Mon, Jul 07, 2008 at 12:12:54AM -0400, demonbell@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I noticed this in my tor client log [Tor v0.2.0.28-rc (r15188) with
> SafeLogging 0 in torrc]:
>
> [notice] No Tor server exists that allows exit to 127.0.0.1:80. Rejecting.
[snip]
> like this." - http://archives.seul.org/or/talk/Mar-2007/msg00404.html

That could be caused by someone mapping certain domains to 127.0.0.1 in their local DNS service,
which when returned would cause your browser or http-proxy to request a document from localhost.
I used to map doubleclick.net to 127.0.0.1 in my router, for example.
Some malware and anti-malware software makes that kind of mapping in the Windows hosts file.
Thus i don't think a Tor node is doing it, though from a client point of view
one might consider a Tor exit node and its DNS as a single service.
Perhaps it could be logged at the exit node itself as a possible misconfiguration warning.

You can see your current exit node using Vidalia.
I don't know how to find out past exit nodes, or if it is a bad idea to keep that kind of info around.