[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
Re: Exit node connection statistics
- To: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: Exit node connection statistics
- From: "Anon Nym" <anonym2600@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 18:11:02 -0700
- Delivered-to: archiver@xxxxxxxx
- Delivered-to: or-talk-outgoing@xxxxxxxx
- Delivered-to: or-talk@xxxxxxxx
- Delivery-date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 21:11:07 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=googlemail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to :subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type :content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; bh=swR/4a2UekiNB8sHZ+7U/SlJ3qcmoKWKHIKSz5R49jg=; b=Qiyy/QQvcMr/0zsi5XCmhLe3m68jvAi9lFoZlvFyNLrlHvt52K5x/wbmLeci4Ixr8D 3hcw39K1maqO8rO0RJYuEzvAsVE5Rb183zLH+TogC8j+/IGr3raQBHTyE2JzNzgAU9qm D/3hZ6Td4LvBCaYsm+orvYQ+XmCAzh4Wv3pzg=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=googlemail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version :content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition :references; b=TiXX38ucqh69EkrwilWdPfqL2bpLVyFOjPLuK8ONNfHIDFyjqiF6G5Bjo2fbQQ/7p0 PXA3DNlfYfNvoVuxX8P/i9EAz+lM5HLtqPDqQlQYi47TCp7uWlc4zRpAIyLrxz5iyLEl 1hZuJr01r6jJaogWCChrp6YNSyfQfisbGwMdQ=
- In-reply-to: <3882-53716@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- References: <549-04850@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <487B1E9D.8010105@xxxxxxxx> <3882-53716@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Reply-to: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 8:43 AM, <mplsfox02@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Jan Reister:
>> I would probably add your node to my ExcludeNodes entry.
> I would like to see a discussion about this.
> So you'd prefer using exit nodes that keep that information for their own?
> Why? Or do you blindly trust all other Tor operators until they show some
> "bad" behaviour?
> I'm not a friend of two-classes knowledge, and what a Tor node operator can
> know, everybody can know. Else it's nothing but security by obscurity.
> Can you explain what the threat scenario is for what I'm doing?
IMO not very much at all, as long as your node remains anonymous. You
shouldn't be endangering the anonymity of users.