[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
Re: Yahoo Mail and Tor
- To: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: Yahoo Mail and Tor
- From: James Brown <jbrownfirst@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2009 10:51:03 +0400
- Delivered-to: archiver@xxxxxxxx
- Delivered-to: or-talk-outgoing@xxxxxxxx
- Delivered-to: or-talk@xxxxxxxx
- Delivery-date: Mon, 06 Jul 2009 02:57:48 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from :user-agent:mime-version:to:subject:references:in-reply-to :x-enigmail-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding; bh=do7bPDXU8LCJnQvFtj2tmTu9qNIB1s5ZxMCWNWYHhVA=; b=gT2jIUsCAJpexJzJaBu2KcDVbJGurQdLYNTX5ZMz11osum/5fZ/IdYfMnAk3bSHMTC z5GsRIxqU42vIuDehzvE/6fA0DtxFa3/xqH3yggonlssFN6G4LafYcDoPjhXsZqI64R3 HfI7F1hmBQX1XYMnrtCQjKlqADHLvYInTkjgQ=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:user-agent:mime-version:to:subject:references :in-reply-to:x-enigmail-version:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; b=S63KkeGQnubFJvOGkVSE8+32iQYzFh3Y2MhwkegCy4AipshHiW3YtRpRYNlcM+OGP6 jHQLpLPbOKyLj0IfL+wVMC5sHK8NHY2jnemEoDmGDcYjfwO3teLehEEsPIiJ46scGqPq yGF45ACU8h2xRsX1AJ+Z6+O6VLsMPnQ/SGk54=
- In-reply-to: <20090705190047.16ebc08f@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- References: <59454.19445.qm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <20090705190047.16ebc08f@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Reply-to: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: Thunderbird 18.104.22.168 (Windows/20090605)
Fabian Keil пишет:
> bao song <michaelwprx@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Two months??? I have had trouble with Yahoo Mail via Privoxy for more
>> than four years.
> I'm sorry to hear that.
> Are you by any chance using the Vidalia bundle which unfortunately
> contains a Privoxy version that is several years out of date?
>> At first, I was given some config file modifications
>> for Privoxy so it would allow me to use Yahoo Mail, but this disabled a
>> lot of the stuff Privoxy did, and I wanted that stuff for other sites.
>> Also, I was still unable to log out of Yahoo Mail even with the
>> modifications someone had posted. So I now disable all of Privoxy when
>> signing out of Yahoo Mail. Here, behind a Middle Eastern firewall, the
>> Yahoo Mail signout is often blocked by the firewall, as well as by
>> Privoxy for reasons that escape me. Sometimes, I can sign out if I don't
>> use Tor at all. Other times, I can only sign out if I use Tor without
>> Privoxy. Yahoo mail is accessible through Privoxy, but all style sheets
>> are disabled, so the display is rather annoying. Annoying or not, I use
>> Privoxy until I need to sign out, disable Privoxy, sign out of Yahoo
>> Mail, then turn Privoxy back on in default mode. I'm still not sure what
>> it is about Yahoo Signout that Privoxy (and the local firewall) see the
>> need to block.
> That sounds like a lot more work than simply upgrading
> your Privoxy version or even back porting the action file
> changes manually.
> As far as I know, the Yahoo-related problems have been fixed
> quite some time ago and if you still notice any problems with
> Privoxy 3.0.12 or later, feel free to report them so we can
> fix them.
I have installed the latest stable verison for Windows but nothing changed.
Now I use Vidalia 0.1.14, Tor 0.2.0.35, Privoxy 3.0.6
Do I need use testing or unstable version?
P.S. Under Linux Debian I have such problem too, but some little than
under Windows. There I use standart packages for Debian Lenny AMD64.