Re: another bad exit

     On Sun, 19 Jul 2009 11:29:04 +0200 Jens Kubieziel <maillist@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
>* Scott Bennett schrieb am 2009-07-19 um 11:01 Uhr:
>> returns 204.152.186.46 as the address for the target web site.  (Most of
>> the page is in German, but some of it is close enough to English for me
>> to understand it, and the message about squid is in English.)
>
>It basically says:
>Sorry... couldn't get the requested URL.
>While trying to get URL http://..., the following error occured:
>* It was impossible to resolve $HOSTNAME
>DNS server answered with:
>  Name Error: The domain name does not exist.
>The cache couldn't resolve the hostname from the entered URL. Please
>check if your address was correct.

     Yes.  But it should never inject such a page into the returning
data stream.  Valid exits should never tamper with either the outbound
data or the returning data.

>It looks to me  that there is some kind of misconfiguration. Maybe

     Quite possibly, but irrelevant to getting a BadExit flag from
the authorities.

>someone can talk to the admin of this node.

     That also may be a good idea, but for now, it needs to get a BadExit
flag from the authorities.  If and when the spacecowboy operator fixes it,
notifies the authorities that it has been fixed, and the authorities test
and approve its operation as an exit, they can remove the flag.
     In the meantime, I've added it to my ExcludeExitNodes list until I
see a BadExit flag on it in my directory and consensus files.

                                  Scott Bennett, Comm. ASMELG, CFIAG