Re: [tor-talk] NSA, Tempora, PRISM And Company always know who is behind Tor?

On Sat, 20 Jul 2013 15:43:55 -0400
Nathan Suchy <theusernameiwantistaken@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The NSA cannot always know who is behind Tor. This is due to the fast
> that tor uses a circut guard - middle - exit and unless the NSA can
> get access to the guard's isp, the middle's isp, and the exit's isp
> which more than one of them may be in a country that hates the US
> they can't see what your doing and prove it was you. Also even if you
> had a .pcap of each networks traffic it would be very difficult to
> put the information back together.

I don't like getting into discussions about what intelligence agencies
can and cannot do, especially since I am not an expert on Internet
Infrastructure.

However, I will say that what the NSA can and cannot do is likely a
closely guarded secret, and when they complete that mega data storage
complex in Utah, later this year, they will have the capability to
store all Internet activity for many years.

That is all I am willing to say.

Chris