Re: [tor-talk] Android app: Torrific (renamed to orWall)

On 07/28/2014 02:35 AM, Roger Dingledine wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 27, 2014 at 11:58:07PM +0200, CJ wrote:
>> Oh, well, just got another name right now, I think it will also make
>> some smiles: orWall. Maybe with a "84" on its logo?
>> Just to be sure, nothing against this one I hope, if we put aside the
>> politics? I'm not US???
>
> Sounds good to me!
>
> Thanks for being understanding -- it is sad that the people most willing
> to be accommodating here are also the ones who are probably the ones
> best suited for using our name correctly. Or said another way, it's the
> folks who don't care at all, and don't want to talk to us, that we most
> need to reach to get them to quit using the Tor name. I'm not sure how
> to resolve that contradiction.
>
> And hopefully this will also let the project grow into its own thing,
> rather than always being in the shadow of the Tor name.
>
> And finally, to add some useful content here, speaking of Orwell be
> sure that you've seen the rap news video on the topic:
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o66FUc61MvU
>
> Thanks,
> --Roger

Hello Roger,

Nice, I already have some ideas for "slogan" and other "moto". The
update will be done this week -- have to put some redirections and so on.
I was a bit surprise Tor Project didn't use this name for some onion, by
the wayâ

Regarding the rap news: I wasn't the first to see it, but I was for sure
among the first European ;).

So, orWall. So be it. Welcome, little one :).

Cheers,

C.