Re: [tor-talk] Android app: Torrific (renamed to orWall)

On 07/28/2014 08:08 PM, Nathan Freitas wrote:

> On 07/28/2014 12:41 AM, CJ wrote:
>> So, orWall. So be it. Welcome, little one:).
>
> orBot welcomes you! Just returning from an offline vacation and happy
> to see this thread and news.
>
> I would be more than happy to direct Orbot users who want this
> functionality to your app, once its stabilizes, and as long as we can
> assure a fairly streamlined user experience.
>
> In other words, I doesn't need to be all-in-one-app, but it should
> feel as close to it as we can make it.
>
> +n
Hello Nathan,

thanks for this email, that makes me really happy! Be sure I'll do my
best in order to provide the best user experience.

Though it's still alpha, it should go beta in a few days (if not hours…)
meaning it will be the right time for everyone to try it, and ask for
features, corrections and, if possible, participate for translations :).

I'm currently struggling a bit with the init-script, it seems it doesn't
work anymore when we have a crypted /data… I'm currently investigating
this nasty bug, but I think it will be solved nicely, installing the
script in /system/etc/init.d directory (thus, mount -o remount,rw, copy,
chmod, mount -o remount,ro).

I'll try to keep the ML updated regarding this new application — I'm
pretty sure it has its place in the Tor world ;).

Cheers,

C.