Re: Sorbs

On Sat, 2005-04-06 at 22:19 +0100, Adam Langley wrote:
> On 6/4/05, maillist <maillist@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Does SORBS list (sorbs.net) Tor as open proxy?
>
> Sadly, yes. There has been some communication, but the result seems to
> be that there's no sign of change on the horizon.

On my side, the latest answer I got from SORBS (Matthew Sullivan) was to
suggest to not use Tor nodes as mail servers.

For example, the server that is running Tor here is also being set up as
a remailer (in addition to my personal mail server.) I can only hope
that the SORBS problem will not interfere significantly; I also don't
care anymore about SORBS delisting.

The best we can do now is to educate people about blacklists and about
the SORBS case. Pointing (techical-savvy) people to the or-talk thread
(http://archives.seul.org/or/talk/Feb-2005/msg00006.html) is a good
start.

--
Philippe Gauthier <philippe.gauthier@xxxxxxxxx>