Re: Any Windows SMTP servers that can work with Socks/TOR?

On 6/16/06, glymr <glymr_darkmoon@xxxxxxx> wrote:
problems with hotmail for this), and set thunderbird to use tor as a
proxy. i think that is an acceptable work-around for the terrible
problems of doing your own email, and it bypasses the problem you'll
have not thought of about tor that is that you can't send anything in or
out on the smtp port with tor.

Thanks a lot Glymr for leading me to the solution I need, junking my current email client for Thunderbird :D

Once I got Thunderbird to use Privoxy for Socks and go through TOR,
that solved the problem. I'm using my own domain name/web server so
the problem of having them free webmail track me isn't an issue.

I'm not sure why you said I cannot send anything in/out on the SMTP
port with Tor because it worked for me.

Now I just need to get around to setting up a dedicated box to run Tor
instead of having it on this Windows machine :D

Thanks again!