Re: [ANNOUNCE] ROCKate Tor LiveCD V0.4.0.0

On 21.06.2007 11:22:39, scar wrote:
> Benjamin Schieder @ 2007/06/21 10:03:
> >> Could you include truecrypt in the next version ?
> >
> > I already thought about encryption. I plan to use it for /home both in the live
> > and in the installed version. Although, I never used truecrypt. As for now
> > I use cryptsetup-luks to set up encryption.
> >
> > Also, IIRC truecrypt is proprietary. Does its license allow bundling?
> > Redistribution? What about cross-platform compatibility?
> >
> > Greetings,
> > 	Benjamin
>
> from http://www.truecrypt.org/faq.php :
>
> Q: What license is TrueCrypt distributed under?
> A: The text of the license is contained in the file License.txt that is
> included in the TrueCrypt binary and source code distribution packages, and
> is also available at http://www.truecrypt.org/license.php

Okay, so it's not GPL. Does it include any kernel level code? Because if it
does, I don't want to get into the whole distribute-non-GPL-kernel-modules
hell.

> Q: Can I mount my TrueCrypt volume both under Windows and under Linux?
> A: Yes, TrueCrypt volumes are fully cross-platform.

I don't really care about Win32. Preferably, ROCKate encrypted block devices
could only be read from within ROCKate. Guess that won't happen, though.

What I meant with Cross-platform is: sparc, x86_64, ppc, arm?

Greetings,
	Benjamin
--
Benjamin 'blindCoder' Schieder