Re: Getting a realy to work behind firewall and NAPT

2008/6/19  <phobos@xxxxxxxxxx>:
> On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 02:54:44AM +0200, Tomas@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote 1.4K bytes in 40 lines about:
> : [Router]--WiFi--[Laptop]--crossover cable--[Desktop (with Tor)]
> :     |
> :     |--------cable----[Web server]
>
> Is it safe to assume the desktop doesn't have wifi, and that's why you
> have the laptop acting as a bridge from wifi to ethernet?
>
> Or, why not just plug the desktop directly into the router?

Yes, the desktop doesn't have WiFi, and I can't connect it directly to
the router because the router (and the server) is in my basement and
the desktop and laptop are two floors upper. So the only way is WiFi
or PowerLAN which I currently don't have.

> : The desktop is running Windows XP by the way. Tor version 0.1.2.19
> : (latest dev crashed).
>
> This is interesting.  Which dev crashed, the -rc or the -alpha?

The -rc, haven't tried the -alpha. It crashed when I activated Tor,
always, so I tried the stable and at least it works as client.