Re: [tor-talk] Plans about Askbot?

16.06.2013 20:38, Moritz Bartl:

Hi Moritz,

> It was decided that we have no resources to maintain our own Q&A, and
> that having a third-party Q&A is better than none. I disagree, but
> that's not the point.

I'm not sure what you disagree with.

That there are not enough resources?

That it is better to have some Q&A than none?

I share adrelanos's opinion that it is better to have some Q&A then none.

Assuming it is actually helpful to people, of course.

I'm not in the position to argue about the resources necessary or
available, because I have no clue of both.

Call me naive, but the same people will answer the questions regardless
of the service that is used. In theory the Q&A should be self-governing
and only software updates should be required.

> I agree that the community should have been
> involved in this process more. In the end, from what I see, most Tor
> developers have other things in their heads and don't want to also worry
> about how we do user support.

I agree that the Tor devs shouldn't have to worry. They should care
about producing working code and designs for the future.

I don't know how much the community could contribute.

Let's hope the comment [1] turns out to be wrong.

"I doubt the Tor Q&A page will take off,(...)."

[1] https://blog.torproject.org/comment/reply/701/24500