Re: [tor-talk] Tor Browser Bundle 3.0alpha1 test builds

Andrew Lewman:
> On Sat, 15 Jun 2013 17:44:14 -0700
> Micah Lee <micahflee@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > But soon (maybe Monday with your blog post) they will be here too?
> > https://www.torproject.org/dist/torbrowser/linux/
>
> Really, you should be using archive.torproject.org, not www. archive
> links aren't likely to change ever. The main web servers are running out
> of disk space, so I hope we don't add more non-stable software to
> the pile. In fact, we'd like to completely get rid of /dist and move it
> to its own set of dist.torproject.org servers.
>
> In my fantasy world, I'd like to just use bittorrent and magnet links
> rather than all of this https downloading stuff.

I would like to blog about these bundles tomorrow morning. Where can
they go for that announcement?

I don't appear to have access to archive, nor do I have the
infrastructure to set up and seed magnet links atm.

Should I just serve them out of people, and should Tor Browser Launcher
use my people homedir instead of www?

In the meantime, I've synced the mirrors to create this url, which
should be up shortly:
https://www.torproject.org/dist/torbrowser/3.0a1

--
Mike Perry