Re: [tor-talk] Until there's a REAL effing way to communicate, that evey1 can use, I'm DONE

On 06/18/2013 05:42 PM, Cat S wrote:
Hi Webmaster,

________________________________
  From: Webmaster <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: tor-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, June 18, 2013 1:37 PM
Subject: Re: [tor-talk] Until there's a REAL effing way to communicate, that evey1 can use, I'm DONE
On a side note.  Your email title quote "That evey1 can use"    I think
thats is a great goal..but may never be achievable.  Your asking for a
process which everyone can use.  Where everyone is comfortable.   Being
as some people prefer email over forums, and some forums over email.. as
well as other forms of communication.  I don't think its possible to
find one fit solution for "everyone"

Take for example people in countries where access to a computer is
limited, but access to a smart phone is possible.  Sending and email
would be easier than trying to log onto a forum on a 4in screen.

This mailing list is a good start.

I agree that we can't make everyone happy all the time [0], but a platform that everyone can (easily) use to communicate (as a group or groups) is something I think worth attempting; even though everyone may not be all that happy about it (in this case, some techies using a discussion forum, instead of listserv).
And here in lies the issue...
"A platform that everyone can use to communicate...Even though everyone may not be happy about it"

I think email is a simple platform that everyone can use, even though some people (you) may not be happy about it.

Just my 2c.

In the case of mobile devises, which is  a great point, good forum software is written with small screens in mind, and some even offer a mobile URL (as does YouTube), e.g. instead of xyz.com, mxyz.com.

I used my Blackberry world phone to post an a forum with >100,000 members, it's a huge forum, and my phone work just fine. E.g. many people post on forums were I'm very active via. taptalk [1] or smartphones directly, etc.

[0] https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-talk/2013-June/028606.html
[1] http://www.tapatalk.com/