Re: [tor-talk] Until there's a REAL effing way to communicate, that evey1 can use, I'm DONE

On Wed, 19 Jun 2013 06:27:05 -0700 (PDT)
Cat S <catslovetor@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> 1. Why is it you didn't answer my main question, that I and others
> have asked (in and out of my thread): Where did the money go that was
> earmarked for the forum? <<< please answer that question specifically.

The money went to staff and contractors to get Ask running. As we were
running out of money, we decided spending it on getting something
running at StackExchange was a better use of the money.

> 2. Why is it that you didn't bother to add anything to this thread
> except killing it?

Because people are complaining about it and we've had this forum or not
discuss twenty times in 3 different medium (irc, trac, and now email
again).

> 3. Why is it you guys/gals decided to make this decisions to kill
> forum plan on your own, with no input to/from your base [0,1]. Do you
> not think you should ask the people most likely affected by you and
> others choice not to run a forum, even after _you_ and others were
> for a forum?Â

Anyone is welcome to run their own forum. The core Tor staff aren't
"forum people" and would rather use email or irc for community
interaction. If the community wants a forum, run one by and for the
community.

> 4. Are you really going to put your head in the sand and pretend
> everything is peachy? Man, if that's the case you guys/gals are surly
> moving further and further away from helping newbs in an efficient
> and useful manner. Trust me, I help newebs with Tor all the time.Â

We all help new people with Tor all the time. Forums aren't efficient
for us, email and irc are.

> 4a. If you don't trust me and many others that tell you newbs need
> more help, why not do (or request someone do) a study on the issue
> [2]? You cannot claim I have not point if you have no data.

This has nothing to do with trust. We can spend our time coding and
improving tor, or managing a forum. With limited resources, we have to
make decisions as to where our attention is spent.

--
Andrew
http://tpo.is/contact